Casual Bartender/Hospitality Worker Wanted!
The Gibson Centre is looking for a part-time/casual bartender to provide friendly, professional service for our various weddings and events. This is generally a weekend and evening‐based position, however, weekday availability is an asset. Available hours are dependent on the centre's fluctuating events schedule and requirements.
A successful candidate must follow centre policies and enforce Ontario Liquor laws (based on Smart Serve training, which is a requirement for hiring). Previous bar/hospitality experience is an asset and the candidate must have the ability to stand for long hours and lift glassware crates and beer boxes when necessary.
Come work in a cool historic building with great people, fair compensation and flexible hours!
• The ability to provide friendly and professional service to customers
• Following centre policies and enforce Ontario Liquor laws (based on Smart Serve training)
• Ensure tables and glassware are cleared and cleaned regularly
• Collect cash/credit/debit or other payment and ensure all transactions are accurately recorded and the tills balance
• Re‐stock bar items from available supply and advise of inventory shortages
• Follow proper cleaning and sanitation practices for all bar contact surfaces.
• Assist with other hospitality duties as required
• Secure cash and property at end of shift
• Minimum 19 years of age
• Must have a current Smart Serve certification
• Basic knowledge of spirits and wine an asset
• Customer service oriented with excellent communication skills
• Cash/Credit/Debit handling experience required
• Previous bartending/hospitality experience is an asset
• Able to perform heavy lifting up to 30 lbs (ice/beer cases primarily)
• Available to work flexible hours, including late nights on weekends, and may include holidays
• Reliable transportation to/from the Gibson Centre
The Gibson Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Welcome to The Gibson Centre in Alliston, Ontario! The Gibson Centre for Community, Arts & Culture is an historically rich, versatile and beautifully restored space located in the heart of New Tecumseth.
Beginning as a farm implement factory in 1889, our mission today is the hosting of cultural activities, the showcasing of the arts and cultivation of an environment which promotes and encourages artistic pursuits.
The Gibson Centre is a place where culture is preserved, performed and encouraged. We are home to community groups such as The Artists at the Gibson, The Nottawasaga Hand Weavers and Spinners and the Rotary Club of Alliston and provide engaging, quality programming through our Gibson School of the Arts.
The Gallery at the Gibson features 16ft ceilings, original refinished hardwood floors, and rotating exhibits showcasing the best talents in our area. While admiring the art, feel free to browse our artisan gift shop or stop by the cafe for a light lunch. Admission to the Gallery is always free, although private functions may reduce the visiting hours. It is recommended that visitors confirm the schedule by phoning Gibson Centre in advance to ensure availability.
The Gibson Centre is also the perfect venue to host your upcoming wedding, celebration, meeting or conference. With lofty spaces that inspire the mind and soothe the soul, our building is bursting with opportunity and beauty.
The Gibson Centre…Rich in Heritage…Alive with Culture!!
For a Virtual Tour .. Click here: